Saturday, May 30, 2015
Michael: Wisdom and Rest
A ticklish breeze
Nudges the blades of grass
Into a quiver.
Saturday, May 30, 2015
Today and tomorrow are my be careful days.
I have a workout regimen I don’t like to deviate from but since I’ve been fighting a cold the last few days, I’ve had to throw in a few easy short workout sessions. I haven’t ridden or run since Tuesday.
I have a ride scheduled for today but I don’t feel it would be wise. I’d probably enjoy it but I’m sure I’d end up sick again and back in bed. The smart course of action would be to take just one more easy day, then ease back into my usual routine.
But I’ve never been good at that. That’s why I got sick in the first place. I felt it coming on but pushed through it.
I’d like to believe that with experience comes wisdom. These are the days where that proposition gets put to the test. I love to get outside and play, but I hope I’ve learned enough to follow the wise course of action and allow myself the proper amount of rest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment