Wednesday, May 27, 2015
Michael: Grounded
The fire alarm trapped
In our rafters is one loud
Lonely cicada.
Wednesday, May 27, 2015
As an adult, sometimes we play too hard and have to ground ourselves for a day or two. Sadly, I’m still learning this the hard way and have caught a cold. I was beginning to think I was invincible and would never catch a cold again.
After teaching elementary school for 25 years, I figured I had gathered enough immunities to pretty much come and go as I pleased. Maybe once in a while suffer from fatigue, but I figured the common cold was a small niggle that would never pester me again.
But I was quickly brought back into the germy biosphere after riding high yesterday and pushing my luck just one step too far. We’ve had a busy few days and yesterday I decided to up the ante by doing my first brick workout out in years. We started off with a few sprints, then I hopped on my bike for a 25 mile brisk ride, came home and did some body weight suspension training, then ended up playing a few games of pickle ball with some new ex-pats friends; a game I‘ve never played before.
That was it; too much fun, too much socializing, not enough rest. Now I’ve got a cold. I’m going to curse myself and say at least I’m still hanging on to a very Seinfeld like no vomit streak. That’s got to be going on 7 years and counting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment