Saturday, January 16, 2016
Michael: Another Scary Trail Film
The soft white creatures
recline together against
The blue horizon.
Tuesday, January 12, 2016
A day or so after REI e-mailed me their short film on the Bay Ridge Trail, Trail Runner magazine sent me a chilling short featuring Rob Krar and his wife promoting the expansion of the Greater Grand Canyon wilderness area.
The most memorable image from this short has Krar, the person with the FKT for R2R2R (I thought I left all of this ABR. stuff when I left teaching.), voicing over what I take to be his experience running in a beautiful white birch forest. This guy is almost twice as fast as I am, yet it’s taking him a painfully long time to pass this one particular birch tree. Dam, if it feels like time is moving that slowly for him as he runs, imagine how the world is creeping by for us age groupers. If I’m out on a long run or racing an ultra, I don’t feel I ever want to reach the point where time feels like it’s standing still because, unlike Krar, I believe it would mean I was standing, or sitting, or lying still.
I will say that I would like my falls to be like those slowly twirling golden leaves gently descending to the ground as depicted in that same white birch forest Krar is so cinematically moving through . That would almost make up for never being able to pass that one damned white birch tree.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment