Sunday, January 17, 2016

Michael: Convict Update


With their prominent
Arched feathers, the water birds
Are quite distinctive.

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

You can’t sit still, either literally or figuratively, and expect to stay strong.

A few months ago I committed to doing the Convict Conditioning program as part of my overall fitness regimen. I read the book on Kimme’s recommendation. What I like about the program is that the only equipment required is something to do pull ups on. All the other 5 exercises only require a small space and your body. As the program progresses it becomes quite challenging and I don’t know if I’ll ever make it to level 10 in any of the exercises, but if I do I’ll end up being one bad ass Superman.

Through the holidays I didn’t try to go through any progressions, so now it’s time to pick it up a notch and move on to the next levels. Starting now this is what the Convict part of my strength program will be until I hit the prescribed goals and am ready to move on to the next levels.

Exercise Step Name Goal
1. Pistol 2 Jackknife 3x30
2.Bridge 2 Straight 3x40
3.Hand stand 3 Wall stand 2min.
4.Pull ups 5 Full 2x10
5.Leg raise 3 Flat bent knee 3x30
6.Push ups 5 Full 2x20

I’m scheduled to do each of these exercises twice a week.

This program requires patience and discipline, not always qualities that I have in abundance. I’m hoping that along with keeping me healthy, I’ll gain some mental Superman powers as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment