Wednesday, January 27, 2016
Michael: Crazier
The volcano wears
The crown of white clouds as it
Commands the highlands.
Saturday, January 23, 2016
With 5 weeks to go before the Sycamore 100k, it’s beginning to dawn on me what a crazy distance that is to run.
“Let’s see…For the first 24 miles I’ll wear my Hoka ATR Challengers, then for the next half marathon I’ll change into the Topo MT2s, then I’ll run the last 24 miles in Montrail Fluidflex 2s if they feel good when I break them in in the states…”
Marathon, then a half marathon, followed by another marathon; and we’re not talking months, weeks or even days apart, but done within a 12 hour period. That’s beginning to sound nuts to me.
“Now what if it rains. Will these shoes hold up or should I have a pair or two there that can handle the mud?… And socks; better have some ultra thin pairs ready in case my feet swell…”
I’m thinking it might be best to lose myself in the details of planning, which I love, as opposed to looking at the big scary insane picture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment