Tuesday, February 7, 2017
Michael: The DHL Express Comes to a Crawl
Turbulent waters
Churn through the rocks creating
White watery beards.
Monday, February 6, 2017
Stock up because special needs can be hard to come by out in the boonies in Panama.
For example, my bicycle requires a specific type of brake fluid. I ordered the fluid from Chain Reaction Cycles in England on December 31. It’s been held up in customs ever since.
To be fair to DHL they did call me twice once my package arrived in Panama a week after I ordered it. Once we got cut off due to a bad phone connection and the other time I was driving so I tried to have Kimme relay what the contents were. I told them bicycle equipment and that was the last I heard from them. I’m not sure why Chain Reaction Cycles didn’t list the contents but that’s an investigation for another day.
I kept watching the tracking on-line for another week with the message that it was being delayed in customs for reasons unknown. I figured it was the flammable brake fluid that was slowing things down (seems appropriate doesn’t it?) and I was correct.
After sending them an e-mail last week stating what the contents were and asking if there was any other information they needed, they got back to me on Friday with a message in Spanish. I called them today to ask them what it was about and after telling them verbally this time it was brake fluid, they informed me they needed to get a permit from the Fire Department to continue shipping. That should be another 3-5 days.
It’s a good thing I ordered this well in advance of needing it or I could’ve gone quite a while without getting out there on my trusty steed and going for some rides through this beautiful country.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment