Monday, February 6, 2017
Michael: Jack and Anjelica
Punished by the gods
Like Sisyphus pushing air
Instead of a rock.
Sunday, February 5, 2017
This is the 40th anniversary of Annie Hall, Woody Allen’s pivotal film. Last night I watched it for what must’ve been close to the 40th time. You watch something that many times and you’d think you’d know it by heart, but a small fragment of the film caught me by surprise.
For the first time when Paul Simon’s character invites Annie and Alvie to go with him to a party I caught the reference to Jack Nicholson and Anjelica Huston. I can’t believe that it took 40 years for that to hit me.
What a surprising entity the human brain is; to see something 40 times but never process it. So why now?
Has me wondering what else has washed over me multiple times without my being cognizant of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment