Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Michael: Small World


Lying on the ridge
The rainbow appears to be
A tropical fin.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Today on a morning jog that I was suppose to go on yesterday, I ran into two people I just saw a couple of days ago. Sean, a stock broker and cyclist from Canada whom I don’t see very often and the ranger whom I met for the first time on Sunday when my bag was taken while I was hiking the volcano.

Sean rides a Cervelo, which was the brand of my first tri bike. I’d love to get a Cervelo S3 Disc when my mom wins the lottery. Not that there’s anything wrong with my bike. I love it, but the Cervelo is a more aesthetically appealing bike. I know that sounds shallow because it is. But for me a touch of green and a pleasing paint job go along way.

Every time I ride I think of Sean because he had a very unfortunate run in with a dog that cost the dog its life and Sean some road rash and a new fork.
So to see him out there smiling and enjoying riding again lifts my spirit.

Seeing the ranger honk as he drove by meant that they didn’t get any information about my missing bag on Sunday, which is a ying/yang kind of thing. Within hours of scrubbing up after my Sunday outing I was online looking at new packs. I don’t need much of a nudge to shop and after so quickly ordering a new bag, I was beginning to feel a little guilty for not giving my “old” bag (only had it for a couple of months) more time to find its way home. Now I can at least not concern myself with getting that phone call.

I am wondering what I would do if I see it being carried over someone’s shoulder when I’m out and about. Perhaps, “Pardon, Cuanto cuesta por mi mochila?” (How much for my bag?)

No comments:

Post a Comment