Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Michael: Treats


The reluctant mist
Is pushed ever so slowly
Over the mountains.

Saturday, February 11, 2017

It was just brought home to me, literally, How much I miss certain items from the states that I had completely forgotten about.

For example, on Kimme’s return from the U.S. she brought back two of my regular treats from when we lived in L.A.; blueberries and a Whole Foods trail mix called Chocolate Stampede.

The Chocolate Stampede I should definitely try to refrain from when we return back to the states either for a visit or for the long haul. It’s expensive, definitely not a “whole” food and also not something I can indulge in in moderation. But I’m sure I’ll end up gorging on at least one bucket of the mix.

Blueberries, though are almost the opposite. I can’t get enough of them and I don’t worry about it even though in California they can be expensive at times. They’re definitely on the top of my list wherever and whenever I can get them. Blueberries I feel I can indulge in without feeling I’m being over indulgent.

I’m sure there will be other small treats that I’ll be smacking my forehead over when I get the chance to get back home and take a good look around.

No comments:

Post a Comment