Saturday, February 4, 2017

Michael: Long as I Can Grow It


The chattering bird
Punctuates the afternoon
With te-te-te-te.

Friday, February 3, 2017

There are a few old hippies around here. Old white dudes with their long thin white/gray hair pulled back into pony tails. Hippies were just slightly before my time, and I never was keen on the pony tail thing. But I have since middle school grown my hair long and now it’s about as long as its been in 15 years which still is a long way from the mid-back length I had it in it’s prime.

Funny how hair is. It’s definitely one of the more noticeable signs of aging. Not only the color; mine started going gray in my early 40s, but also the texture and thickness.

Fortunately, I’m no where’s near going bald. Shoot, I had friends starting to go bald in high school. But I am having on of those Seinfeld moments. This one from the time Elaine was dating a man who had been shaving his head for years and Elaine wonders if he might be going bald without noticing.

Well for simplicities sake, I’ve been having my haircut with a #2 blade for years. So I’ve also got the itch to see what my hair situation would be like if I let loose for a while.

Strangely, at the moment, my hair style resembles my mom’s. Kind of a gray wispy cloud that hovers over my head. And it’s much thinner than I’ve ever felt it before, though it’s still got enough life in it to wave in spots and curl in others.

I’m not sure a middle aged man should rock the same hairstyle as his mother. I’m not sure how long I’m going to let it grow. I don’t foresee a pony tail in the future, but I am curious as to what I would look like with long hair again.

No comments:

Post a Comment