Saturday, February 11, 2017
Michael: Greeted Like a Dog
Lemon yellow wings;
Jewelry on the hot sand
Still moves with beauty.
Thursday, February 9, 2017
Yesterday I went to the airport to pick up Kimme after she’d been in the states for three weeks. I also went for a run again on the Lagunas trail and was greeted again by the golden retriever who ran with me last week.
This dog, who’d only seen me once before, bounded with glee at the sight at the prospect of going on another adventure with me. I was thinking wouldn’t it be nice if I would greet Kimme with that kind of enthusiasm at the airport?
Maybe, but I didn’t. She didn’t exactly run circles around me when she saw me either. And I’m not saying we weren’t happy to see each other. There were other people there picking loved ones up and they all seemed to greet each other with about the same enthusiasm Kimme and I did.
And that’s just being civilized and human. But it would be great if we could drop that front once in a while and just wag our tails, jump and slime people with our wet noses.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment