Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Michael: Green


The barren landscape
Of the volcano’s summit
Is pummeled by wind.

Monday, January 30, 2017

If I have to be unfortunate enough to replace a practically brand new pack that I really liked, now is the best time for it.

Why?

Because Kimme is in the states and by mailing it to her I won’t have to pay for shipping here, or customs or duty on it and that’s a substantial savings.

I was also fortunate that Running Warehouse had one Ultra Aspire Alpha 2 in my size left on sale. I haven’t used that pack but I do have the Revolt which I use for racing and am very happy with it.

One of my prerequisites for a replacement bag was that it carry a 2 liter bladder, otherwise I could just stick with my Osprey Rev 1.5. The additional 20+ ounces along with large front pockets that could carry an additional 20+ ounces of water will allow me to extend the time of my outings for much longer than I can with the Osprey.

And as a bonus, my size happens to be green. I know those things shouldn’t carry that much weight (pun intended) when making a substantial purchase, but aesthetics matter and I like green.

No comments:

Post a Comment