Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Michael: The Dreaded Triple Whammy


Violet wildflowers
Scattered across the green field
Like serene children.

Monday, January 9, 2017

Just as I was complimenting Panama on getting it together, we’re hit with the dreaded triple whammy.

With the very strong winds sweeping in off the volcano this morning out went the electricity for most of the day. With that the internet goes. And to almost top it all off the water shut off for a few hours. We do have a back up supply of water that’s attached to a pump system. Mainly we use the pump to bump up the water pressure to trigger the gas heater so we can take a hot shower. But without electricity the pump doesn’t work.

Unfortunately, I also just finished a book on Scrbd yesterday and hadn’t yet downloaded a new one, which left me with a few old magazines, pen, and pencil and paper for which to amuse myself for the afternoon.

I managed well enough, but it was a strong reminder that I’m no candidate to volunteer to go off the grid anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment