Friday, January 6, 2017
Michael: Between the New Years
The heat of the day
Runs away like a spoiled child
When the sun goes down.
Thursday, January 5, 2017
My problem with making resolutions is that if I don’t jump into them right away, I feel like a failure and then my enthusiasm for following them quickly peters out. I wish there was a way to progress incrementally into my resolutions without feeling like a cheat.
Well, my friends, there is and the solution was sitting right between January 1st and our wedding anniversary, February 9th. That happens to be the Chinese New Year.
The way Kimme likes to think about it, and what I’m co-opting from her, is the idea that the period between January 1st and the Chinese New Year is a contemplate/trial/grace period for resolutions.
I think this notion of testing new routines out, keeping the ones that are feasible and either altering or dropping the ones that aren’t is a winner. And that way come February 10, I can begin the New Year feeling more comfortable about continuing the resolutions that made it through the trial period and not be so disappointed about dropping the ones that didn’t make the cut.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment