Thursday, January 26, 2017

Michael: The Go Outside and Diet


Speckles in the black;
Lifeless white eyes refusing
Forever to close.

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

We all eat so we’re all on a diet. My diet now is pretty decent and I’m a pretty fit dude as I approach 60. In the 60s growing up my diet was pretty much chosen for me and was designed for the convenience of working parents. It wasn’t all that decent; we had Ding Dongs, Ho - Hos, Tiger Tails, Big Hunks, Big Johns, Sugar Daddy’s, Sugar Smacks, small variety packages of chips, whole milk, industrial paint cans of Hi - C, and packets of Kool - Aid. Yet, from what I remember, we were still a pretty thin group of kids.

How’s that?

Simple:

1. We went outside to play without any electronics, food or water.
2. We stayed outside and moved for long periods of time.
3. If we got thirsty we drank water from a faucet or hose.

That’s it. Pretty straight forward.

I’m not suggesting a throwback diet to the good old aluminum foil and cellophane era. Whole foods are definitely the way to go, but we’re definitely not getting out there and moving like we use to and it shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment