Thursday, January 12, 2017
Michael: UCMB Revisited
Between the ridge lines
The rainbow shoulders its way
Into the valley.
Wednesday, January 11, 2017
It’s about that time of year where I’ve almost talked myself out of ordering any items I left off my Christmas list. Then today I discovered one of my favorite windbreakers had broken loose in the wind overnight from the clothes line and has vanished. I quickly had a relapse and started looking at sites where I might find a replacement, but I’m fighting the urge by reminding myself of my UCMB credo.
U - Use what you have. I still have two serviceable windbreakers and a very nice poncho.
C- Change what you can. I was also tempted to buy a new tank top for my upcoming races in the states but I have a very nice Salomon one that Kimme has modified by trimming off the seams that were chafing me.
M- Make what you need. Again, Kimme can make clothes and is going to make me another windbreaker.
B- Buy the best. Quality is worth it in the long run, but that doesn’t mean I buy the most expensive. Many times that would be overkill and also, with a bit of patience, the best of last year will end up going on sale as soon as a new version hit’s the market.
But I will say it’s very difficult not to order new things, particularly when I’ve lost an old favorite. But I’m trying to stay consistent and not spend my money carelessly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment