Saturday, January 7, 2017
Michael: 45 More Years of Cycling?
Like a puff of smoke
Half a moon hangs lazily
In the light blue sky.
Friday, January 6, 2017
Just about everyday since Christmas I’ve been sneaking a peak at the latest in disc brake road bikes. Not that I need one. The Focus Cayo I bought here almost two years ago is a great bike. But, hey, I’m an American and what red blooded American doesn’t like to do a little window shopping?
I also justified this daydreaming by reminiscing about the ghosts of bicycles past. It is Christmas after all. And also with the melancholy thought that my next bike purchase may well be my last quality ride.
But then following on the heals of Ed Whitlock’s running prowess at a very advanced age, comes a blurb about a 105 year old French bicycle rider who just set the one hour age group speed record for riding on a track.
First off; seriously? There are age brackets that go up to 105? Like there’s dudes in the 100-104 bracket doing sprint workouts right now just waiting for their birthdays so they can be the newbies of the 105 group and take this new record down?
At least it gives me the hope that I may have a few more miles in my tires than I thought. And that means possibly a few more decades of looking longingly at the magnificently functional works of art that are bicycles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment