Sunday, January 15, 2017

Michael: An Exception to the Rule


The lone star flickers
Through the haze of a calm sky;
Tonight there will be peace.

Saturday, January 14, 2017

There’s an irony in believing that you’re an exception to the rule; unless of course, you’re the exception to the rule.

This year I’m going to see which side of the irony fence I fall on. Will I shortly be laughing at myself for thinking I’m the exception, or will I end up with an extra little twinkle in my eye and bounce in my step because I discovered that I’ve got a lit more in me than I thought.

I’ve tried in the past to work out every day for at least 1000 days. I’ve come close a few times, once within 200 days. For the past few months I’ve forgotten about it, but now I’m going to up the ante by not only working out everyday, but I’ve scheduled in 4 days a week where I’ll do two a days. I don’t expect that I’ll get that done every week, but if I can manage the majority of weeks this year, I’ll feel that’ll be quite an achievement, and it should help me at least get in one workout in everyday this year.

Whether two a days at my age is possible or wise, will answer whether I’m the exception to the rule or not. It’s quite possible that it could weaken me and I’d be better off with throwing in some extra rest as opposed to an additional workout. But there’s only one way to find out and that’s to give it a go through at least one three month training cycle and see how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment