Saturday, January 28, 2017
Michael: A Bird in the Hand
Like a troll doll’s hair
A white cotton candy cloud
Spirals in the air.
Friday, January 27, 2017
This is the time of year to spot birders out on the trail. I never took note of any in Southern California, nor did I really take note of the various birds there. They all seemed kind of bland to me except for maybe the blue jays, which it turns out are really scrub jays. And that’s about how deep I can go into a birder conversation.
The birds, even around our little cottage, can be pretty spectacular. However, a couple of times a year they present a problem that I don’t recall dealing with in the states. They occasionally fly inside the house.
Today, for example, a dove like bird flew in, saw me and started freaking out. And just like me, when I’m under stress and about to race and get in that flight or fight response, my bowels jettison their content to lighten the load. And there in lies the problem. Birds are great multi-taskers. They can take flight and take a dump all in one fell swoop, so to speak.
It’s not pretty and it’s again one of those small eye openers that I wouldn’t have thought much about before living here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment