Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Michael: Nickels and Dimes


The lingering mist
Hovers below the mountains
Like a preacher’s hand.

Tuesday, January 3, 2016

Whatever resources one looks at to determine where to live or retire, sometimes it’s the small change items that can make the difference.

For example, I don’t care whether it’s in the states or here, if I lived next to someone who blasted their stereo enough to annoy me on a regular basis, it wouldn’t matter what my mortgage was, I’d want to get out of there.

But what sneaks under the radar are the small, almost priceless, kindnesses that can really turn your heart toward a place. Particularly at this time of year, when we’re feeling a little homesick since we missed the holidays with our families.

Today, for instance, when I was taking a bus downtown to meet Kimme before going to the gym, the assistant who is a very thin man, and for some reason, has taken a liking to us purposely undercharged me. And maybe that’s not enough to deserve a paragraph in International Living’s reasons to move to Volcan, but it sure meant a lot to me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment