Tuesday, November 17, 2015
Michael: Alice in Panamanian Bank Land
This was just a calm
Bright day with the whistling
Birds greeting the sun.
Saturday, November 14, 2015
If I would’ve had $300 in my pocket and my landlord’s phone number Wednesday, I’d have a Banistmo checking account. So yesterday when I returned to the bank I thought it was a slam dunk. Wrong.
Initially, the agent who helped me told me that my Bank reference letter from the states was too old. He consulted with another agent who said that the letter was no longer necessary since I had my Pensionado visa (at the moment a temporary card). But now I would need a letter from my lawyer containing her I.D. and indicating that my permanent card was being processed.
Before leaving the bank, just to be on the safe side, I asked this agent what were the requirements for obtaining a new construction loan. She said Banistmo doesn’t make those loans, only conventional mortgage loans. She was kind enough to tell me there is a bank in Bugaba that does construction loans.
Instead of checking their website, which seems to be pointless here, after all Banistmo’s states that they make construction loans and says nothing about needing a lawyer’s letter, I’m just going to go to Bugaba on Monday with all the paper work I have and hope for the best.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment