Friday, November 13, 2015

Michael: When is too much not enough?


Slow steady breathing
Creates the conditions for
Complete surrender.

Monday, November 9, 2015

After reading Brad Beer’s book, Running Pain and Injury Free, I have learned, yet again, that I’m not doing enough.

The problem is I already feel I devote too much time recovering from my last run and preparing for the next. Six days a week I do a set of Achilles strengthening exercises, a massage ball and stick and foam roller routine, and a series of lower back stretches. Now Mr. Beer is advising me to add in a series of hip stability exercises.

I suppose I’ll give them a go. Why not?, my nightly choreographed moves across the floor could use a few new twist and rolls. Maybe a new ending will make it both bizarre and comical enough to get me an audition on So You Know You Can’t Dance. 

But that’s it. I’m also going to stear clear from reading any exercise related books for a while. Back to philosophy and exercises that’ll screw up my mind. My body can’t take any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment