Sunday, November 1, 2015

Michael: My New Traveling Companion


The sheet lightening
Flashes on the horizon
In soft white patches.

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Before we returned from the states, we were walking to the internet cafĂ© on a regular basis, which meant I had to lug an old Dell laptop with me. It’s about the size of a small briefcase and, according to Kimme, quite outdated. For my birthday, she decided to update me with a Nextbook; a 2-1 notebook, that I just started becoming familiar with using.

This thing could become dangerous. Because it’s so small and light, not only will it travel better, but I can lie in bed and read with it, check my email, or browse the web. If I moved the bed into the kitchen and kept a charger nearby, the only time I’d have to get up and move would be to go to the bathroom.

But that doesn’t mean the old Dell is going into the trash heap. I still prefer it’s larger screen and keyboard over the Nextbook. But I do have a decent desktop computer in the states in storage and when that gets here, it may be time to erase our memories and to depart with my old Dell traveling companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment