Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Michael: The Cart Before the Horse


The repetition
Of  simple everyday
Tasks is rewarding.

Sunday, October 25, 2015

As soon as my loan funds, the first thing I’m going to do is contact Matt at houseplans.com and ask him to walk me through the steps of working with a designer to modify my house plan.

It’s probably not the first thing I should spend the money on. That should probably be land for our house, but I’m just too excited to wait, and the house is, after all, the desired result of the loan process. 

I’ve talked to a few people that believe you should be able to design a plan yourself through an online program, but I think that’s like believing because you can build a model car from a diagram, you could design your own car. I don’t know anything about plumbing or electrical plans or specifications just like I don’t know much about a real working engine schematic. So I figure working with an architect is going to save our house from looking like one of my model cars and keep a lot of that funky glue off of my fingers.

Naturally, the design process isn’t free. If I stuck to the plan I like as is, blueprints would only cost a very low $200. With modifications it’s going to be more like $1700. But that’s still way under the average costs and well worth the expense of having professional plans a contractor can use.

No comments:

Post a Comment