Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Michael: Plusses and Minuses


A wash of gray skies
Shrouded the day in a damp
And dreary malaise.

Thursday, November 19, 2015

I’ll start with the minuses.

We had no sun. We have no net. We didn’t go on our usual invigorating trail run. We didn’t receive the deep tissue maulings we had hoped for. I made dinner. We watched another Columbo. It was one we had never seen before because it was a Mrs. Columbo that was included as a bonus episode on the season 5 DVD. I have been avoiding watching any other Mrs. Columbo’s  after seeing two other bonus episodes, but I was feeling desperate. However, outside of the same name, Columbo and Mrs. Columbo share very little in common. I don’t even think that’s Columbo’s dog. I’m not sure how the Mrs. Columbo series ended, but it would’ve been appropriate for Columbo to kill his wife and get away with it for disgracing the family name.

On the plus side.

We did get out for a jog. On that jog I stopped at the bike store and discovered that they sell Honey Stinger gels for a reasonable $1.50. Honey Stinger will be used at my A race next year, so now I know I’ll be able to train with what will be available at the race. On another stop on our jog, we went into the Air Box Express office that just opened in Volcan. They said switching our account from David to Volcan would be easy. That means we can pick up any packages or mail we have sent from the states right here, instead of making a day’s excursion to do it in David. I feel more shoes coming my way soon. After that we had a very nice breakfast at Mary’s. Without the net as a distraction, I had time to re-work my schedule and have now freed up my afternoons. The massage was warm and soothing. My red lentil soup wasn’t so bad and is very healthy. Puppy, our neighbor’s dog that we really like, joined us on a short after dinner walk. I didn’t have to do dishes. And it didn’t rain last night and looks like it may be clear enough today to get out on a dry morning bike ride.

Who knows, maybe Zeus will bless us again with a lucky lightening strike and fix the net.

No comments:

Post a Comment