Saturday, December 5, 2015
Michael: Back on the trail
Listening to the
Deep calm breath of the forest
Allows me to sleep.
Monday, November 30, 2015
We went to check out the Quetzal trail since we hadn’t been on it for a month and a half and it’s the old good news/bad news story.
The good news is that it survived the worst of the rainy season and is jog/hikeable from end to end. In fact yesterday it was just about perfect all the way around, with a light breeze helping to keep us cool and comfortable.
The bad news; it’s in great condition. Yesterday I lucked out and managed to find a decent excuse to walk the trail. At the Quetzal Hotel where we take a taxi to the trailhead, we met an American who just got here on Friday and he looked a little confused to me. I asked him if he wanted to tag along with us on our hike, and he said sure. That’s the excuse I was looking for. I was tired and didn’t feel up to running.
But next week I won’t have that excuse. Not that I don’t enjoy a good wrenching sweatfest now and then, but doing the Quetzal out and back on a regular basis is like going to church; both edifying and nauseating at the same time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment