Saturday, December 26, 2015
Michael: A Christmas Without Shopping
The air is dead still
This morning with just a touch
Of a quiet chill
Tuesday, December 22, 2015
All of my holiday shopping this year was done in about 10 minutes on-line. Those were purchases of gift cards that were sent to my mom who will put them in cards and bring them to the family gathering on Christmas for me.
So this may be the first year that I do not touch anything whatsoever that has anything to do with Christmas.
We are going to the Price Smart in David today and there we may get a taste of some of the Christmas frenzy that we were accustomed to in the states. We’ll see. And if we see something our landlord would like, I may end up even wrapping a present this year after all. Volcan has no department stores so there are no special Christmas shopping events here or changes in store shopping hours.
My sister is sending me a package containing a few items of clothing that Kimme and I purchased as our Christmas presents for each other. She’s added a few Christmas surprises, so shortly after Christmas I will get to open a surprise present or two, which will be kind of fun, particularly if they’re dark and edible.
Kimme and I didn’t buy a Christmas tree but people do buy and decorate Christmas trees here, which seems rather odd given that all the trees here are ‘ever’ green. But to each his own.
I don’t have my DVD of It’s a Wonderful Life here, so I’m not sure if we’ll even be able to watch any traditional holiday fare come Friday.
I wouldn’t call this a blue Christmas, but it is very different from any other Christmas I‘ve experienced.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment