Wednesday, December 9, 2015
Michael: Serendipity Calling
The fluctuating
Blues, grays, whites and roses keep
They eyes turned skyward.
Friday, December 4, 2015
The internet repair guy came again a couple of weeks ago and worked on the cable and phone lines of our landlord’s house and our cabin. We had a solid signal for a couple of days before our net flickered out again.
We didn’t sink into complete despondency or pack up for visits to the internet cafĂ©, as we were sometimes able to tap into our landlord’s unsecured line and at least respond to emails. But we weren’t the happy campers we usually are when we have full access to the net.
Then last week the magic of Panama came calling again. And I mean literally it picked up the phone and called us.
Our land line phone rang, which is a rare event in itself, and when I answered it a man’s voice asked for our our landlord. I told him this wasn’t her home number any more. She was next door and I gave him her number. While this was happening I noticed the signal for the internet came on. At first I thought it was a fluke, but when the net went down again the next day, I eddied what the hell, I’ll get on my cell phone and call our land line and see what happens. Voila! A brief 30 second phone call to the internet god seems to bring up the net for a good 6 to 12 hours.
We don’t know why this works. We don’t care. And we’re definitely not going to tell our landlord. As the saying goes, “ If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” And if all it takes is a brief call to get us back on line, as goofy as it is, we’re more than happy to keep giving ourselves a call.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment