Sunday, December 27, 2015
Michael: Go Bernie!
The coastal landscape
Of Panama is a green,
Hot, humid sweat box.
Wednesday, December 23, 2015
This year will be my first Christmas outside of the U.S., next year will be my first presidential election outside of the U.S. That gives me a year to figure out how to vote from Panama.
Following politics from here really hasn’t been much different than following sports from here. I’m not watching the games, but I can glance the headlines and read up on anything that interests me. If I were in the states, I’m sure I’d watch a few games on T.V. just like I’d watch the debates on T.V.
But I’m going to try and make a better effort of keeping up next year if Bernie Sanders can stay competitive. Forget about Trump. His brand of demonizing the ‘other’ as the cause for U.S. woes has a long history. And anything he does I can catch up on from either Colbert or the Daily Show. But Sanders, an avowed Democratic Socialist, polling at 30%, that’s worth getting more educated about.
I won’t pay for the NFL network even if my old team, the Vikings, make it all the way to the Super Bowl. But I’ve got to figure out how to get better political coverage from here. The Vikes winning the big one would be a nice excuse to jump up and down, But Bernie winning would be an historic event without precedent in U.S. politics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment