Thursday, December 31, 2015
Michael: Bushwacking
The warmth of the sun
Is given in a moment
That should be cherished.
Sunday, December 27, 2015
Today will be the first time Kimme and I will set out on a hike knowing we’re going to bushwhack. We have gone off on animal trails before that petered out into nothingness, but then we either doubled back or aimed in a direction to get us back on trail. Today we’ll be carving out a trail.
Well, we won’t. Two guys that our group hired to wield machetes will. We’ll just follow behind them like everybody else as they try to cut a path up a ridge to the peak we’re aiming for. Believe me, no one, myself included, wants to rely on either my compass or machete skills, though at least I haven’t cut anybody with a compass yet.
For someone who’s use to picking up his feet and moving along at a good clip, sometimes logging in multiple 30+ mile days, taking a journey where I may literally come to a crawl for hours should prove interesting. We’re about to find out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment