Wednesday, May 25, 2016
Michael: Consessions
The green corridor
That ascends from the ocean
To home is wicked.
Sunday, May 22, 2016
When I first stopped teaching I thought without work to fatigue me I’d become an age group athlete dynamo. With plenty of time to rest in between hard efforts, I’d be able to increase both the endurance and intensity of my workouts. But it’s not quite working out that way and that’s a little frustrating.
In fact, as a concession to my body’s needs, I’m actually working out a little less. I feel great, am injury free, enjoy getting out there and definitely want to make the most of what I can do, but I do feel a little deceived by the American “can do” spirit. The truth is if I tried to do it all, all out every time out, I’d run myself into the ground and wouldn’t be able to do much of anything.
Sadly or not, life requires some concessions, which requires intelligent choices. I’m fighting the feeling that’s a defeatist attitude and trying to convince myself it’s a sign of pragmatic wisdom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment