Thursday, May 19, 2016
Michael: Sorry Bernie
The slick rock strewn trail
Glistens as if fallen stars
Serve as stepping stones.
Monday, May 16, 2016
A couple of weeks ago Bernie sent me a note reminding me to update my voter registration so I could vote in the California primary. I did. I even changed my party affiliation from Independent to Democrat just to be sure I would receive a ballot with Bernie’s name on it. I figure why not, I’m about as much of a Democrat as Bernie is.
The next step was to download the mail in ballot and I’d be set. But I was wrong. The next step was to download the mail in ballot application which you’re suppose to mail in three weeks prior to the election. Unless I urged my sister, who’s address I’m using as my California residence, to expedite the process and serve as a mail go between myself and California, I wasn’t going to make the cut-off.
Sorry Bernie, I’m having Kimme mail in my application in a few weeks when she visit’s the states. That’ll be to late to vote for you in the June 7 primary. But if you make it to the general election, you’ve got my vote. That’s a long shot I know, but you seem to have quite a bit of the Don Quixote spirit so in a similar vein, I’m going to believe that you’ll still be a viable option at that point.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment