Friday, May 27, 2016

Michael: The Sweatshop


The ridge cuts the clouds
Like a knife through an old ghost’s
Gray tattered fingers.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

In Los Angeles Kimme converted our small living room into a mini-sweatshop. It was dark and cramped and she often worked very long hours so she did a pretty top notch job of recreating Asian factory working conditions right here in the good old U.S. of A.

For the past year and a half she hasn’t worked. It’s not that she hasn’t wanted to, but her machines were in storage in L.A. Thankfully, her income isn’t essential here like it was in Los Angeles. But that doesn’t mean her working and contributing to our funds wouldn’t be appreciated. And beside that, she wants to create and work. And for those reasons she’s decided to take the sweatshop experience one little step further and she’s well on her way to creating a micro sweatshop here in an even tinier bedroom than the living room she worked out of in the states.

It’ll be very interesting to see not only what she produces here, but how she’ll arrange her working schedule. Without the need to constantly meet a demand or punch the clock, how will she structure her time? I’m not only interested as a loving spouse that doesn’t want to see her fall into the habit over-working herself again, but I’m hoping she’ll create a schedule that I could learn from when I decide to get off my lazy duff and start creating again myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment