Saturday, May 28, 2016
Michael: Soltero
Afternoon lightening
Doesn’t seem as ominous
As a midnight strike.
Wednesday, May 25, 2016
Did I forget to mention that Kimme and I are now single? According to Panama we’ve been single ever since we moved here.
I had just presumed we were married, but we found out otherwise when we were going over our papers to process our residency status with our lawyer last week. Our lawyer seemed to shrug it off as no big deal. Said it was standard procedure and that we could register as married later after we get our E-Cedulas; our new permanent resident visas. Great, more paperwork and legal fees.
Kimme and I don’t feel this affects our commitment to each other in anyway and at the moment, since we don’t own land or a house, there’s no rush to change our status. It does seem a bit strange though and I’m not sure which system I prefer; the anonymity of my status on U.S. identification or a clearly indicated married or single status that will be on my Panamanian I.D.
Being classified as “Soltero” though does make me feel like I’m inadvertently trying to hide something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment