The pale yellow rose
Is appreciated by
The ants for it’s taste.
Monday, August 1, 2016
For the past two months we’ve been at peace with the world. It appears that could be changing very soon.
Yesterday a young family was doing a superficial clean up of the empty house behind us. We’re very much hoping that the landlord, on her second go round of renting her dad’s old house, has learned a few lessons and was wise enough to advise the family that this is a very quiet and peaceful neighborhood and to make sure their lifestyle aligns with these standards.
I’m disappointed that our solitude is coming to an end, and I don’t expect people to act like they’re monks taking a vow of silence, but I’m very much hoping to avoid any awkward confrontational chats. Conversations I’ve never liked having in English let alone in my limited Spanish.
A bit down our short farm road the owner of a just constructed house came out to greet me on my way back from my morning run. She informed me that her family is only going to be there for a week, then it’s back to Switzerland where her husband is from. They’re looking to rent and they’d prefer ex-pats as opposed to Panamanians because she believes they’ll take better care of the place. This isn’t the first time I’ve heard this. It’s interesting that Panamanians are a bit prejudiced against their own.
I wish I new some very quiet people who’d like to rent their place.
It’ll be interesting to find out how are old neighborhood has changed once we get back from our mini-vacation to Costa Rica.
No comments:
Post a Comment