Monday, August 15, 2016
Michael: Oliver, The Bank Guard
Grumble frumble rumph
The sky rumbles like a jet
Flying overhead.
Saturday, August, 13, 2016
At the bank yesterday we were fortunate to run into Oliver, the bank guard, and my race information source.
Both of us barely speak each other’s language so how or why we started trying to talk about racing I don’t recall. But now whenever we see each other, he’ll let me know about what races are on the horizon and what he’s training for.
Yesterday, I asked him if he knew anything about the local 12k coming up in a couple of weeks. No, he did not, but he has a friend that he communicates with using some app. That does. He took my number and promised to text me as soon as he finds out anything.
It’s an odd way to get race information for me, but I kind of like it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment