Saturday, August 13, 2016
Michael: Stumbling into an Opportunity
A whole in the sky;
Perforated white with blue
Ovals showing through.
Thursday, August 11, 2016
Fighting off a little bit of a head cold just seems about right when struggling with post race blues. And without a race penned in on the calendar until December, I didn‘t see any reason not to wallow in it for a while.
But then I stepped into the local panaderia and saw a poster for a local 12k in a few weeks. That seems like the perfect ticket to get me to lift my head up, and get back out there and start moving with a little verve again. Also a nice change of pace from an ultra. Now it’s time to gear up for a few weeks of speed work.
Of course, this being a local race, the poster doesn’t specify the day of the race or how to sign up. That would take away from the fun. The poster is for a weekend of celebrating the anniversary of the L’Amistad National Park. It announces the times for events on Friday and Saturday, so I presume that means the race is on Sunday.
There isn’t a website, but there is a phone number. Before I try that I’m going to my local race contact, the guard at my bank, and see what he can tell me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment