Sunday, November 13, 2016
Michael: The Bright Side
The afternoon rain
Provides the background rhythm
To our mountain lives.
Saturday, November 12, 2016
Since Trump’s victory I’ve been in a bit of a funk, but then I watched Michael Moore and Bernie Sanders on CNN and I realized there may be a silver lining to the dismal storm that’s headed our way.
My political awakening occurred during the Watergate years. Since then I’ve been waiting for the Democratic party to meet me on the Social Democratic side of the left. It’s been a very long wait.
But very shortly the Dems are going to choose a new DNC chairperson and Bernie’s backing Keith Ellison; a progressive Muslim from Minnesota. Wow, what a great way to react to the ugliness of Trump’s campaign rhetoric. If he’s elected, that will be a very good first indicator that the Dems are moving in the right direction and will bring back all those disillusioned Democrats and Independents that sat on their hands this election.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment