Friday, November 4, 2016
Michael: Mr. Semi-Fix It
A variety
Of small butterflies take flight
Into bright sunshine.
Thursday, November 3, 2016
Within the last couple of months I’m batting 50/50 going into a tie breaker due for Christmas when it comes to household repairs.
It seems if it only requires a screwdriver and the whatchamacallit that you screw in, I’m alright. I’ve replaced my watch battery, tightened the sink faucet and replaced the screws in a bed post that collapsed while Kimme was relaxing.
However, once things get a little more complicated it’s been a swing and a mess. There’s a light above the kitchen sink that hasn’t worked for a couple of months except for one brief moment a couple of weeks ago when the ghost of Light Future flashed on, but hasn’t haunted us since. At about the same time, my notebook failed, informing me that my Bluetooth driver was no longer functioning. I tried to install a new one, but no dice.
Now the band on my rower retracts sluggishly after about 30 minutes. I tried to contact the manufacturer for some troubleshooting advice but they never got back to me. I’ll go to google and the manufacturer again, but it doesn’t look promising.
At Christmas I’ll get a care package with a replacement spindle for my BOA lacing system for my cycling shoes. That should be one of those screwdriver repairs so hopefully I can go into the New Year feeling better about myself as far as the Mr. Handyman around the house part of this being a man thing goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment