Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Michael: School's Out; I thought


An angel’s feather
Lightly strokes the morning sky
And tickles the sun.

Monday, November 7, 2016

Wow, I hope this isn’t a sign of early dementia, but I thought school ended the day before the two National holidays here last week. It didn’t. School doesn’t end until mid-December.

I’m hoping I’ll at least bat 50/50 in the memory batting cage by being right that the rainy season is coming to an end. One good sign that it is, is that there were a fair amount of tourists out on the Quetzal trail yesterday. It’s been a good couple of months since we’ve seen more than a couple of people on the Quetzal. Yesterday there were at least 15 and most of them spoke English.

And one of those persons served as a strong reminder that if I want to ward off some of the detriments of old age, I had better keep getting out there and challenging myself. She was a woman whom I’m guessing was near 80 and was walking very cautiously down some very steep steps on the trail heading toward Boquete. That is inspiring. I hope to follow in her path. She’s out there prowling the jungle, keeping here eyes and mind open to experiences that many people half her age aren’t open to or don’t feel capable of.

No comments:

Post a Comment