The freckled hill side
Dotted with black and white cows
On its plain green face.
Wednesday, November 16, 2016
The seasons are in the process of changing here, going from the rainy to the dry time of the year. And with that change the birders will start flocking to Panama.
This year, preceding the birders, we’ve been noticing some very colorful birds showing up. Some of them may be year long residents. I wouldn’t know. I’m not a birder, though I’m beginning to appreciate why people could be bent in that direction. Some of the birds here are very pretty. The displays of bright colors can be pretty dazzling and even the black and white patterns on, say the woodpeckers, are very eye catching.
Still, I don’t know if I’ll personally ever get beyond categorizing birds as either vultures, woodpeckers, blue jays, black birds, chick a dees or pretty birds. And for you true birders out there, I’ll try to be quiet as I pass by and not startle what you’re whispering about like you’ve spotted some ancient God.
No comments:
Post a Comment