Monday, November 7, 2016
Michael: Lessons Learned
The rolling thunder
Like the growl of a mad dog
Commands attention.
Sunday, November 6, 2016
One of the best things about racing is that lessons are learned pretty quickly. Take Friday’s race for example. Within an hour I learned that with only a days notice, if I keep myself in decent shape, I can compete. Of course I also learned that I’m not good enough to just come off the sidelines and expect to P.R. or to win. I need a little more time to prepare for that.
I’ve also learned that Panamanians are no push overs. I thought coming from the large metropolis of Los Angeles, CA. there wouldn’t be much competition here. Nothing against Panamanians, just given the relatively small population to draw from compared to SoCal, it’s hard to believe there would be that many good runners. But there are, and some of these bastards are as old or older than I am.
Fortunately, there’s no resting on my laurels here. To compete I‘m going to have to prepare properly and be at the top of my game come race day. And for the foreseeable future I want to keep competing on both the road and trail; here and hopefully again soon in the states.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment