Rain everyday;
The small tears into rivers
Heading out to sea.
Monday, November 28, 2016
It’s been about two months since I began my experiment with creatine. I started taking it out of my concern to combat strength loss as I age. However, though I’m not usually keen on testimonials, along with Power Point presentations, naturally, I feel mine is the exception to the rule and may prove worthwhile.
Does it work? I’ll give it a qualified yes. Yes because I am stronger. That’s a fact. I’m of the lithe runner body type and though in high school I could bench my meager 125 lbs worth of body weight, now at 145 lbs and 40 years removed from those youthful days, I didn’t really have any expectation that I’d be able to bench my current weight. But just the other day I can close, benching 140 lbs.
That yes is qualified because when you make several changes at once, how do you know how to parcel out the credit? Along with taking the creatine, I’ve also been going to the gym on a regular basis and I do feel the coach there has helped guide me in a program that is improving my overall strength.
So far the creatine has done exactly what my google searches said if would if it is going to be effective. I did gain weight within the first week and within the first 6 weeks I have seen strength improvements. The weight I’d like to shed, but the strength gains I’d like to hold onto for as long as I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment