Sunday, November 27, 2016
Michael: A Tangible Upside
The repugnant smell
Follows under the vulture’s
Long charcoal shadow.
Saturday, November 26, 2016
Kimme and I were just talking about how we don’t understand why people would feel proud of leaving the United States, or anywhere else for that matter, to avoid paying higher taxes. It just seems like a bragging about being a hoarder. Why?
Yet, it’s also hit me that’s going to be one of the big carrots I’m sure the Trump administration is going to dangle in front of the American people. We are all going to get a tax break. Whether this is for the best or not, in the short term that could prove to be a very tangible benefit to us here in Panama.
How? I have a TSA that I can’t touch until I’m 59 ½ without incurring a substantial penalty. As it is, even then as soon as I withdraw money from it, that’ll count as income and be subject to taxation, which will effect my calculations on how much I should withdraw. My plan is to withdraw enough the first year to purchase a small plot of land to build on and then the following year to withdraw funds to build with. But that all depends on what the tax rates will be. And that all depends on what Trump and the Republicans do.
I hope they do the right thing that’ll benefit the country in the long term instead of just making us feel good about getting a bite of that delicious carrot now. I realize that could mean taking out less now and taking longer to build, but it’s not all about us as individuals. We’ve got to be able to lift our heads up now and then and look around to see what’s best for those around us now and in the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment