Friday, November 25, 2016
Michael: Stay Healthy
The leaf cutter ants
Form a long and colorful
Mini - rose parade.
Wednesday, November 23, 2016
Within the last few days I’ve been inundated with health care news.
First AARP sent me an article about when I can expect my strength to decline. According to the article it’s too late for me to become the body builder I might have been. It seems at about 50 strength begins to decline, though I can lesson the impact through strength training.
Next up Kimme chose to play a TED talks while cooking dinner about the relationship between mental health and nutrition.
Finally, in the news this morning on the MSN app. Was an article about how Medicare and Medicaid work, and another story about how the insurance and hospital industries are in a tizzy over what changes are going to occur now that the Republicans will be in charge.
How any of this will effect any of us in the near and distant future is hard to say, but I’m going to do my best to take care of myself now so I’ll have less to worry about health care changes at both a personal and societal level in the short and long term. Though I do also hope these issues get shaken out soon to the benefit of those who need care the most and can least afford it.
These uncertainties are not necessarily reasons to leave the country, but it doesn’t hurt for us to sit tight overseas for a few years to see how many of health issues will be resolved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment