Monday, November 21, 2016

Michael: That's Mr. Sunshine and Mrs. Rain


Half a morning moon
Shines brightly through the blue sky
And ominous clouds.

Sunday, November 20, 2016

When the rain began to taper off like it did last year at Halloween, I was feeling pretty confident that I had the weather here figured out. I have been proven very wrong. But since I don’t cry I’m not drowning in my tears about it. I don’t have to. There’s been plenty of that raining down on me from Mrs. Lluvia hanging over all of us in Panama here this past week.

And this hasn’t followed the pattern we kind of enjoy during most of the rainy season where it’s sunny in the morning before raining in the afternoon. It’s been overcast everyday this past week. It’s not always raining, and it hasn’t been pouring when it does rain, but without a cloud break and with longer periods of steady rain, it’s definitely stayed uncomfortably colder than it has during the other months of this year’s rainy season.

And although I can’t be certain that this pattern won’t continue for a while, I’m writing it with that optimistic attitude of “The sun will come out, tomorrow…” I won’t sing it, and please help me by not asking Kimme to sing it either.

No comments:

Post a Comment