As green as the leaves
With a short dark yellow beak
The finch is at home.
Tuesday, April 19, 2016
Sundays, after our trail run, we’ve been having lunch at the Quetzales Lodge. They’re always very cordial on Sunday mornings calling us a cab to take us to the trailhead, so having lunch there is our way of repaying their kindness. They also have a very good salad bar and a few other enjoyable items on their menu.
One of those items that they’ve only recently added is a banana split; a treat I haven’t indulged in in years. Hey, after 3 hours of running/hiking the Quetzales Trail, why not? A salad topped off with a banana split sounds pretty good.
I’ve ordered this combo three times and to my surprise and amusement, I’ve always received a different interpretation of the split. Split one had two whole bananas uncut with scoops of vanilla ice cream down the center drizzled with chocolate sauce. No nuts.
Split two had two bananas, but this time they were cut into 4 lengthwise pieces, again with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce, but this time there was also nuts and even a cherry on top. Ahhh, the classic. I think they’ve got it down.
Not quite. Split three had two bananas, one whole laid in the center of the dish propped up by a banana that had been cut into discs like you’d put on top of cereal, along with the ice cream, but now it was drizzled with chocolate and a cherry sauce but without nuts.
I was going to go away from the split and order a more nutritious item like soup, but they’ve peaked my curiosity and I think I’ll keep ordering splits until they run out of variations.
No comments:
Post a Comment