Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Michael: Mysteries


White noise racing through
The canyon brushes away
Two legged chatter.

Saturday, April 10, 2016

We trail run twice a week and outside of covering up a bit more to protect myself from insect bites, I’ve pretty much stopped worrying about any large hazardous creatures, like snakes out there.

In Southern California there’s mountain lions and rattlesnakes, but I’ve only seen a mountain lion once, and that was in Central California, and rattlers only a couple of times. Outside of spotting feral pigs a couple of times, I haven’t seen anything here to get my heart racing. Running here has pretty much become as casual as it was in the states.

No, it’s not the animals lurking in the forest that I’m dreading meeting face to face. It’s the nocturnal creature lurking right outside our back door that has my palms sweating.

Since we’ve returned from the states there has consistently been a small black dried cigar like feces on our back porch. It can’t be a dog or a large bird, but it’s got to be somewhere in that size range. I have a feeling it may be the rather large frog we use to see now and then that may have morphed into some kind of creature from the black lagoon/frog hybrid.

Whatever it is, when I come across it, I’m afraid I’m going to embarrass myself because I’m going to shriek like a teenaged babe in a horror film.

No comments:

Post a Comment