Monday, April 18, 2016
Michael: A Bleed Kit?
I prefer the rain
To the dreary laziness
Of this dull grey sky.
Friday, April 15, 2016
A bleed kit? Sounds like something a hands off vampire would use, or an eighteenth century physician. I am neither of those, yet yesterday I acquired my first bleed kit.
It’s for my bicycle. Which I think sounds even more bizarre than if it were for my personal use. Imagine a bicycle bleeding and needing a bleed kit?
But mine does. It’s got hydraulic brakes and I’ve read that it’s healthy to bleed them at least once a year.
I’m not going to do it. I’m not confident I have the skills at the moment, and I don’t want to be racing down a hill wondering if my bike’s veins are going to hold up, or if at any moment a gush of fluid is going to bleed out causing my bike to zip off the road and crash and later we’d both be found lying in pools of our intermingling blood.
No, the person at the bike shop about 15 minutes away will have the honor of replacing the fluid and brake pads on my bike. Really, I ordered the bleed kit for him, for now. Maybe someday after I watch enough videos and read up on it a bit more, I’ll be confident enough to bleed my own bicycle. I know it sounds gruesome, but I bet anyone who does a good job of bleeding something feels proud and who knows what else.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment