Friday, April 1, 2016

Michael: Al Franken For President


Fog is a dreary
Gray tattered blanket that chills
A shivering coast.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Current Minnesota Senator Al Franken wrote a very funny book about running for president in which his main campaign issue is ATM processing fees. He is opposed to them and paints Al Gore as being in big banks’ pocket and in favor of them. Now that I’m paying $9 bucks a crack for using the ATM here in Panama, I’m considering writing in Franken’s name if Bernie doesn’t win the nomination.

The reason for the high fee is I’m being hit by a double whammy;  the banks in Panama are charging me $4 a shot and then B. of  A. at the other end is hitting me with a $5 charge. We have opened a bank account at a Banistmo, a bank in Panama, but we’ve only have the account minimum in at the moment.

I considered writing a check to increase the balance enough to where I could start making withdrawals here, but it can take over three weeks for a U.S. check to clear. Instead, I’ll see if I can figure out how to make a transfer to myself from my B. of  A. to Banistmo. Really that shouldn’t be too difficult, but I’m becoming even more of a skeptic since I’ve moved to Panama and I’m hesitating because I don’t want my money to end up somewhere in the ether of the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment